2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Monday, March 11, 2019

Murphy’s law

“Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.”
Funny how life moves. Just when you’re about to make a big change in life, everything starts to fall apart. This year has started off a little more than rocky. The government shutdown set us back financially and we haven’t been able to catch up. Mid january, my car broke down. $1400 dollars fixed it right up. Nolen broke his arm in February and this March’s Murphy’s Law was a broken heater. $963 dollars.
We listened to Dave Ramsey’s book Money Makeover. We are totally committed to changing our financial future. However, Murphy’s Law has come knocking our door. I didn’t believe it would when we listened to the book. I thought that was something that happened to other people. Oh how wrong I was. We have felt many financial blows over the last 13 years and now that I am working like crazy to make up for 13 years of careless spending.  I had so many plans this year, but I am putting them all on hold so that we can have a better future.  "Live like no one else so you can live like no one else." That's what Dave Ramsey says.  
I also recently read a book about becoming complaint free.  WOW! That is hard! I had no idea how much I truly complain in my life.  I am working so hard to curtail my complaints.  I have been on day one for the last seven days.  
I am a work in progress.  I feel a huge change coming my direction this year.  I worked so hard physically last year and this year is all about a huge mental shift.  I am working towards living the life I have always dreamed about.
Just like anything in life, you must work hard for the things you truly want.

No comments: