2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Sunday, February 23, 2020

When you just don't want too


Let me be frank: Sometimes, I don't want to do anything. At all.  Yesterday was one of those days.  Edward and Nolen had spent the night at my parents house so I made plans to sleep in and do nothing.  Those plans changed early.  I couldn't sleep in.  I hate when that happens. 
My dad texted me around 8:30 and said he was going to take the boys to plant some tree in the Bosque.  I really wanted to stay home.  I didn't want to go.  
It was cold.  Rainy.  AND it was Saturday!
I did not want to go.
My dad brought the boys by at 9:30 and I let my dad have it! I was so upset because I just wanted to spend the day doing absolutely nothing. I acted like a child.
Then I gathered up all my warm clothes, some shovels, and water then we headed out to make the world a better place.
The day ended up being just find. I did yell at the boys because I was tired toward the end of the day and I should really have a handle on my temper.  Yesterday proved I don't have a handle on anything.
Today was a new day.  I repented for my lost temper.  I apologized to my children.  We started the day with a prayer then went to church.  Today was a better day.
I'm not perfect and sometimes I really just don't want to do anything.  At all.
We did plant trees.
The boys had fun.
We made the world a better place.
All thanks to my Dad.







No comments: