This last week, Edward got to spend a week with his cousins. All alone!
It was a big step for me. I do not allow sleep overs. I like to be the one who feeds my children. I like to spend my time with my boys. This was a big step for Edward, too. He has not been away from his family, well, ever. He has done an over night through school and he has spent a week with my parents but this time, he spent a few days with my friend Veronica and with my brother Jared.
Edward left Thursday and rode with my parents to Kingman. It ended up being a long trip because the shocks on the truck went out half way through the trip. They ended up stopping at a hotel in Williams before finishing the last two hours of the drive Friday morning.
My parents dropped Edward off with Veronica and her son Cash. Edward said he had a blast! He went to Vegas with Cash on Saturday and swam all day at his uncles house. Then on Sunday, he helped celebrate Cash's birthday by going down a water slide bounce house all day.
Monday, Edward packed up and headed back to Vegas with his cousin, Logan. They went shopping and helped celebrate Landon's birthday. Landon is 18 and just graduated high school. Tuesday and Wednesday, Edward went swimming and rode quads with his cousins.
I drove Wednesday night and picked him up Thursday morning.
All in all he said he really missed us a few days but had a very fun time. He was so excited to see Nolen the moment he walked in the door Thursday evening.
I admit, I missed him so much. It was so quiet here with out him.
I am so glad he got to spend a week with his cousins this summer. Memories to last a life time.

No comments:
Post a Comment