Well, today I let Edward grow up just a little.
It was hard.
Very hard.
I am a control freak.
There, I said it.
Anyhow, Edward has told me for a while now that he hates the cello and he no longer likes the trumpet because he wanted to play in the band and, well Covid-19 changed all our plans. So, he is no longer going to play the cello or the trumpet. We returned is cello today and we will return his trumpet next week.
He wants to focus all his time on the piano, swimming, and art. I guess it's time to let him grown up. It's hard for me to let him quit anything. I do understand he is human and wants to live his own life, so I guess I have to start letting go soon. He will be out of the house in 6 1/2 years. That's not really very much time. Freedom is what he is asking for and more time with his friends.
Lastly, I made a huge mistake as a human. I pride myself on making smart decisions but yesterday, I failed. I let the boys stand up in the car with their heads poking out of the sunroof while we drove a pie to a friends house down the street. After we got home, I pulled up to the garage and turned down the music while the garage was opening. Nolen climbed back inside the car but Edward did not. I drove forward and heard a loud "bonk". Yep, that was Edward's head hitting the garage. Nearly decapitating him.
Turns out, I suck a life sometimes.

No comments:
Post a Comment