2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Friday, February 19, 2021

This is Twelve

 

My sweet baby boy was born 12 years ago.  11:19 PM.  I will never forget that day.  He came into this world the hardest way possible.  He hasn't changed a bit.  He is stubborn to the core.  Edward knows what he wants and does things on his own time table.  This is how he came to me.  His personality was preprogrammed.  At first, I really didn't understand him.  He was difficult at times.  Now, twelve beautiful years later, I can understand his motives and how to get him to come out of his shell.  He loves to stay at home.  He loves to be alone.  He is extremely intelligent.  He is fiercely loyal.  He hates to lose.  He hates to try if he even thinks there is a chance he will lose.  He feels things deeply.  He loves exactness.  He can be so easy going about most things, but when he puts his foot down, he really puts his foot down.  

I love this boy.  I love raising boys.  I love being a boy mom.  I love everything about the messes, the mud, the noise, the smells, and the hugs.  I love this boy.  I love that he is becoming a man.  I love that he looks just like Stephen.  I love that he uses his intelligence for good.  I love him.  I have 6 years left to raise a good man.  Then my work is done.  It is up to him to fill in the cracks that I missed.  It is almost too much for me to take thinking that he will he will move out someday.  My heart cries with the knowledge that I will have an empty home when my boys grow up.  

This birthday was a bit different because of Covid-19.  We are still in a bit of a lock down state.  There are not many things kids can do out side of the house.  So, we took the boys skiing on Tuesday to celebrate as a family.  Then, today, Edward invited his two best friends over for an all day celebration.  His friend Kyle Barker came over this morning and stayed until 5:00 then his friend Titus Carnahan came over from 6:00 to 11:00. The boys are still playing as I type this blog post.  They are shooting nerf guns and listening to music from the Disney movie "Soul".  It is a magical time in their lives.  I am so blessed to be a mother.  It is the most fulfilling and satisfying role I play in this life.  I am absolutely blessed to be a mother.  
















No comments: