Why is it so easy to see blessings in others lives? Why is it so hard to see the blessings in my own life? Sometimes I find myself jealous over such small things that I spend my day thinking about it over and over and over and over.
I wish I lived by family. It is no secret that I truly love my entire family. I miss them. I miss being surrounded by people that I know love me and my little family. I am even jealous of the small spats they have with each other.
If you are blessed and live by family, please don't take it for granted. One day you may be asked to move away to a far off country called Albuquerque and live alone. Sounds exciting. Maybe it was fun for a while but now I really want to be back by family and enjoy the perks of a loving family just down the road.
Now to count my own blessings...
I have a wonderful husband who works hard each and everyday to support his family.
I am blessed to stay home with my beautiful son, Edward.
I have a few good friends in Albuquerque who care about me and invite me to be a part of their lives.
I am young, healthy, and strong.
I have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life that continually blesses me.
To have my family near would be an added bonus that I someday hope to be a part of again.
Happy Saturday!
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am with you!. I miss not living close to my family. Hang in there!
We want you back too!!! Right next door! Or I guess you could move to Kingman, but that would make Craig sad :) I know how you feel...living in Denver was like living in another country. WE need to come to you for a visit!
Go to Maricopa! We will be there soon...I hope. They are opening a MTC prison near Casa Grande, maybe I have a transfer in my future!
Okay so maybe it's my pregnancy hormones all out of whack, but your post totally put tears in my eyes! :) What a great post!! I am VERY thankful that my parents are only 5 mintes away...I honestly don't know how you do it. It would be so hard!!
I know what you mean about being around family. We haven't been around for so long and pretty soon we're going to move again (well, not SUPER soon... maybe in a few months). I know that it is going to be so hard to leave our families again. Maybe I can convince them to move out there...
Yeah, it's hard to live far away from family, especially with little ones . . . :-/
Post a Comment