"And there’s this: parents who, particularly in this country, are expected to be superhuman, to raise children who outpace all their peers, don’t want to see what we see. The long truth about their children, about themselves: that none of it is forever...Parenting, I’ve come to understand, is about loving my child today. Now. In fact, for any parent, anywhere, that’s all there is."
Have some time today? Read this
It is amazing that as parents we are constantly looking toward the future as the present stares us in the face. We are trying to shape humans and make them better for the future... but what about right now? Our children need us today. Right this minute. They need us to play with them, love them, and give them every last piece of ourselves. And so I will try.
Saturday, October 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've read her story a couple of times now. I can't imagine watching my child go through something like that. She has an amazing outlook on life and love! :)
Post a Comment