2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Gluten free???

Changing my picky eaters diet has been challenging. It was challenging long before we went gluten free. Here is what lunch looks like today. Any ideas? I am gladly accepting any food ideas.

4 comments:

Andrea Landaker said...

Wes has been eating gluten-free since he went low-carb. I would suggest trying lots of fruits and vegetables, and if it turns out they want to eat applesauce every day, that's okay. :-) If they will drink smoothies, you can sneak spinach and carrots in there sometimes. :-) Try different kinds of nuts and beans -- the only kind of beans my kids like are baked beans with hot dogs in them, but it's worth a try. I just tried this recipe for almond meal pancakes and it was pretty good (though very dense and filling):
http://urbanposer.blogspot.com/2011/12/perfect-dairy-free-almond-flour.html

You could try rice balls with or without seaweed (it's one of the only vegetables my kids like). Canned sardines and tuna are convenient sources of protein if your family likes them - you could try sardines on rice crackers or in rice balls.

Corn meal mush is a favorite of ours for breakfast - boil 2 c. water or milk, slowly whisk in 1/2 c. cornmeal, reduce heat and cook for a few minutes, add sugar/fruit to taste.

That's all the ideas I have for now -- hopefully they will be a little bit helpful. :-)

Sarah or Stephen said...

Salami!, We did gluten free for Andrew and he loves salami!

Heidi said...

You are amazing, Jules! Going gluten free would be so hard. Sorry I don't have any tips for you...just prayers for strength. <3

Sonya said...

Going gluten free is SO hard! I'm still having my challenges with it. When and if I get it figured out, I will share my secrets. ;)