There are many new companies popping up that offer personal styling sent right to your doorstep. I have had a few friends try it out and they loved it. I decided to give it a try. I read a bunch of reviews about the pros and cons of each company. I ended up liking stitchfix the best.
My first stitchfix came in the mail today. I was SO excited to get the box and open it up. I had left detailed instructions on the specific items I am looking to purchase. I have wanted a really nice black pencil skirt for a long time. I haven't found one that I liked enough to buy. I also gave them a link to my pinterest style board so that they would know my taste. I even told them that I choose to dress modestly and I need my shoulders, stomach, and knees covered.
For the most part, they got a lot of things very right. However; there were just a few details that they missed.
I first tried on the pencil skirt. It was what I wanted to love the most. It fit perfectly. I wanted a plain black pencil skirt to wear with a variety of different shirts I own. This skirt had a nice pattern, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted. It cost $88 dollars so I can't justify buying it when it isn't exactly what I wanted.
I then tried on the dark blue jeans with the grey turtle neck sweater. The pencil jeans were SO cute! They fit amazing. They did bulge out a bit at the bottom but I could have looked past that if they cost less. I already have a really great pair of black pencil jeans that I LOVE, so paying $98 for jeans I already own was out of the question.
The grey turtle neck sweater was the best! I loved it. I love the length. I love the color. I love the fit. What I didn't love? The turtle neck part of the sweater. I used to think I looked so great in a turtle neck. WRONG! It is just too bulky for my body. If it was a size smaller and not a turtle neck, I would have kept it. It was $88 dollars.
I tried on the dark purple dress next. The dress was the right length and it had a tiny bit of a sleeve; however, the ruffles on the front were not flattering. I felt huge. So I didn't keep it. It was $98, as well. So not worth the large price tag.
The last thing in the box was some cute earrings. I don't wear a lot of different types of earrings. I usually just wear pearl earrings. These are every cute and only $28. I spent $20 already, so spending another $8 was the best option.
I think I would try stitchfix again, but I am very skeptical. It was so exciting to get a box of clothes picked out just for me in the mail.










No comments:
Post a Comment