Edward is 8! Eight is great!
Oh, my sweet Edward. He made a very important decision to be baptized on his 8th birthday.
This weekend was a birthday celebration all weekend.
My parents, Stephen's parents, and my brother Jared drove over for the birthday party.
Saturday, we headed over to the mall to jump at Fall Out trampoline park. Edward had the best time jumping with his cousins. Jared even jumped and did the ninja training course. I have tried the ninja training course a few times and I could only make it half way through.
After jumping, Edward wanted to do the laser challenge at the mini golf in the mall. The laser challenge is a box filled with laser's that you have to go over or under without breaking the lasers. Edward and Logan got the top score on the partner challenge. It was pretty cool.
We ate lunch at the mall then came back to the house to get ready for the movies. All the boys went to Lego Batman just before dinner.
Edward wanted pizza for dinner so I went over to Dion's to get the best pizza in town.
I think we ate ourselves in to oblivion this weekend.
Sunday was Edward's actual birthday. We all got up and went to church. At church, the primary sang happy birthday to Edward and we invited all of his friends to his baptism that evening.
After church, we set up for the dessert after his baptism.
Edward's baptism was at 6:30 at the Stake Center.
I was completely overwhelmed by how many people came to support my family. We are so blessed. We have made good friends who are willing to give up a little time on their Sunday evening.
Edward's teacher Sister Holly gave a beautiful talk on baptism and John gave an inspiring talk on the Holy Ghost. It was just so beautiful. Stephen even joined in the prayer circle for Edward to receive the Holy Ghost. After the final prayer, Nolen shouted out, "Can we go home now and have dessert?" Ha, I died laughing. The evening was wonderful. We all came back to the house for delicious dessert.
Edward is truly a sweet 8 year old boy. He has changed so much in the last year. He is much more agreeable than he has ever been. He doesn't whine or complain. He does what he is asked and has had a great attitude most of the time.
Edward still love minecraft.
He has a few computer games that he loves that all end with Dot IO.
He is reading Percy Jackson and is very interested in reading it daily.
Edward loves stuffed animals.
He still loves to eat any and all food. His favorites include pizza, hotdogs, and hot dog buns.
Edward is so kind to his little brother. They play and play and play all day.
They still love sharing a room. Sometimes, they just stay up late talking and playing.
Edward is loving.
Edward is kind.
Edward is great at math and has become a much better reader this year. He has been better at reading this year than the last two years.
Edward loves swimming and the swim team.
I just love this wonderful little boy. I am so grateful to be his mother. He has changed me for the better. I am blessed to spend my days with some of the greatest people on this planet. I am thankful that I was given the blessing of motherhood. I could never have imagined just how beautiful my life would be when I was younger.
I love you my sweet Edward. Happy Birthday!
February
19, 2017
Baptism of
Edward Barnes
Edward Barnes
Cottonwood
Heights Ward of the
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,
Albuquerque,
NM
Song
Lyrics:
Baptism
1. Jesus came to John the Baptist,
In Judea long ago,
And was baptized by immersion
In the River Jordan’s flow.
In Judea long ago,
And was baptized by immersion
In the River Jordan’s flow.
2. “To fulfill the law,” said Jesus,
When the Baptist questioned why,
“And to enter with my Father
In the kingdom up on high.”
When the Baptist questioned why,
“And to enter with my Father
In the kingdom up on high.”
3. Now we know that we must also
Witness faith in Jesus’ word,
Be baptized to show obedience,
As was Jesus Christ, our Lord.
Witness faith in Jesus’ word,
Be baptized to show obedience,
As was Jesus Christ, our Lord.
Nephi’s Courage
1. The Lord commanded Nephi to go
and get the plates. From the wicked Laban inside the city gate. Laman and
Lemual were both afraid to try. Nephi was courageous, this was his
reply:
Chorus
“I will go; I will do the things the Lord commands. I know the Lord provides a way; he wants me to obey. I will go; I will do the things the Lord commands. I know the Lord provides a way; he wants me to obey.”
“I will go; I will do the things the Lord commands. I know the Lord provides a way; he wants me to obey. I will go; I will do the things the Lord commands. I know the Lord provides a way; he wants me to obey.”
Conducting: Bishopric
Pianist: Sister Skousen
Music Leader: Sister Barnes
Welcome: Bishopric
Opening Song: Baptism
Opening
Prayer: Logan Skousen
Cousin
Talk
on Baptism:
Sister Holly
Teacher
Teacher
Baptismal
Ordinance: Brother Skousen
Grandfather
Witnesses: Brother Skousen,
Uncle and
Brother
Barnes, Grandfather
Special
Video Selection:
Talk
on Holy Ghost: Brother Barnes
Grandfather
Confirmation: Brother Barnes
Grandfather
Primary
Welcome: Sister Oliphant
Bishopric
Welcome: Bishopric
Closing Song: Nephi’s Courage
Closing Prayer: Amanda
Skousen
Cousin
Cousin






















No comments:
Post a Comment