2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Sale???




What, exactly, constitutes a sale? A few days ago my parents and I went to visit Kohl's to find Edward a new pair of shoes. As we started browsing (and shoving as many shoes on Edward as he could stand) when we ran across a huge sign that S A L E!

I automatically assumed this would mean money off the original price of the product. We, of course, chose the cute white Nike's that were on "sale". The original sticker price said $30 dollars. We took them to the register and guess what, they rang up as $30 dollars. There was a smaller sign attached to the shoe showing the price as $19.99 so we argued with the cashier.

The question is... What, exactly, constitutes a sale? I suppose I know the answer, NOTHING! Just put a sign up that something is on sale and it will draw people in; Sale them for the same price you would with out the sign...

2 comments:

Christine said...

Yeah, that or jack up the price and put it on "sale" for what you want to sell it for. Yet I am still drawn to shopping sales, argh!

Team Skousen said...

LAME!!!! OHHHH MAN!! I feel your pain. I went to Hobby Lobby this weekend and bought a picture stand. The WHOLE AISLE said "50% off all wall decor." So silly me assumes that a picture holder is wall decor, and it is under the sign so I also assume it is on sale. WRONG! Apparently it wasn't wall decor. I didn't have time to point out the that whole aisle had signs and my picture holder had places to hang it to a wall. How is that not wall decor?

haha okay sorry about the novel, I needed to vent! :)