2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Memories

I am so glad I blog.  I love to blog.  I love to keep memories in a place that is convenient to me and my family.  I love to look back on where we have been and what we have done. 

I have boys.

My boys may not want to ever read my blog.  They may never be interested in what I have written about them and they may not want to see what they looked like as little, teeny babies; however, I do. 

2004
With my cousin Lindsey and roommate Rachel. 
My life changed forever after this semester at BYU-I.


2005
 My all time favorite picture of me and Stephen. 
We are happy.

2006
 One of many engagement pictures. 
I thought I was fat. HA!
You and Me become: US.

2007
 Deena Barnes (Stephen's cousin) came to live with us.
She was killed in a car accident shortly after this picture was taken.
Her life was too short. 
She was a mother.
She was amazing.
She taught me to live for every moment.

2008
Me and my beautiful sister, Sharla.
We ran a half marathon together.
She came back to run with me.
She could have finished 30 minutes before, but she waited.
She loves me.
I love her.


2009
Edward Forrest Barnes enters the world.
This is the first picture ever snapped of him.
Many pictures will follow.
His birth was a gift.


2010
Nolen William Barnes enters the world.
This is the first picture ever snapped of him.
Again, many pictures will follow.
His birth made me realize I am strong.


2011
This is me.
Now.
Happy, forever.

This blog is for me.  Sometimes I think about making it private for only my eyes, because I write for me.  Then I look at who reads my blog and, really, there aren't many who read it while those that do read are dear friends that I trust and love and want to share my life with always.

With all that being said, this post is about my memories.  I am totally and completely in love.  I love my life.  I love my husband.  I love my boys.  I love them for miles and miles and miles.  I, sometimes, look back and get a little sad at how fast time is flying by for me.  I can't believe I am 30.  I have done so much, yet, I have done so little.  (As a side note, I used to think I was ugly and fat... what a waste of time.)  I look at pictures of me and my family and I can see how happy we really are together.  I want to bottle up these moments and keep them in my heart forever.

Since a bottle of magic memories is not available, I blog.

5 comments:

Lindsey and Brett said...

We have had some great times together. Maybe one day we can be friends again (in person, obviously we are still friends, but it would nice to get to hang out) I'm glad you're so happy. You deserve to be happy!

Heidi said...

Excellent post! Loved every word of it!!! I love you, Jules! You are an amazing woman!

Paul and Aliisa said...

Wow! What a great post! I just love how REAL you were. It made it all the better. Love you!

megs said...

I love this post, and I love the perspective on life from 30. You rock!

Andrea Landaker said...

What wonderful memories! I'm glad you share them with us. :-)