2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Susan's Visit

For the last two weeks, I have been host to my amazing mother in law.  I am always so grateful when family comes to visit.  I feel like the last 9 1/2 years of living here in Albuquerque I have been constantly begging people to come visit.  We live about 6 hours from family in Phoenix and Kingman, Arizona.  It is just far enough away that a visit must be planned in advance, but just close enough that we can pop over to Arizona for a weekend.
Susan came to stay with us for Edward's birthday and stayed for two weeks.  It was so fun!  We talked and talked and talked.  I don't usually have someone I can just talk to all day every day.  We accomplished a lot of my crazy to do list items.  I wanted to go through the boys papers and photos so that I could put them in to their own keep sake chest.  For the last 9 years,  I have been putting their keepsakes in my chest.  Their stuff finally became over whelming.  We also finished decorating the piano room.  I still have a few things left to do in the room, but we really made a huge dent in the decorating project.  I love how it is looking.  It is truly a little retreat.  I teach about 16 hours a week and it is nice to be in a room that I absolutely love and that is inviting for my students and their parents.  
Susan and I also did the 5 day detox by Tone it up while she was here.  I have sort of been eating what I want the last few months and it was nice to get back on track.  I have found that Christmas is really hard for me to stay on track.  I also have a hard time getting back on track after Christmas.  I teamed up with my friend Melanie Iverson to train for a triathlon.  This has really helped with my motivation.  It has been so fun to train with someone and have a fun race to work toward.
I wish we lived closer to family; however, I know we have about 15 more years in here in Albuquerque.  This city has become our unexpected home.  All I can do is continue begging family to move here or just come for a visit.  I am so glad Susan was able to come and stay for a while.  We love her so much!


No comments: