We started running again.
Ok, I have been running consistently since my fat college days.
My family started running again.
I don't "LOVE" to run, I love that I can run.
I love that running gives me freedom.
I love that my body can run.
I love the challenge or running.
I love that track and cross country bring my family together.
I love that running has helped heal Nolen.
I love that after a hard run, Edward is elated.
Last Saturday, the Cougar Track cross country team ran in the foothill of the Sandia's. It was beautiful, challenging, and fun. Today, we ran a community 5K at the UNM lobo invitational. Running is one of the hardest things I have ever done. It is not something you can stop and pick back up right where you started. You have to constantly work at running to make it tolerable and maybe a bit enjoyable.
I started running with my friend Lacy more than 15 years ago. I ran my first 5k with her. I was so slow. I was dead! I look back at the photos and can remember how difficult it was to finish that race. My time was 33:49. A 10:53 minute per mile.
Today, I ran an 8:38 mile pace!
Running has changed my life for the better. I hope it will help my boys confidence and that they, too will learn they can do hard things.



No comments:
Post a Comment