Does your house suddenly become uninhabitable when you learn the previous renter committed suicide? Just food for thought.
I have been incredibly sick this week so all regular routine items have been disregarded. Today is Friday. I know. I am behind. I usually write my menu Tuesday, then shop, then blog. To top it off, Edward is sick and getting his sixth tooth. Yeah!
Friday
Wild Wedges
2 eight inch flour tortillas
cooking spray
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup chopped and cooked chicken (or turkey)
1 green onion chopped
Salsa
Spray one side of tortilla place down on skillet. Top with cheese, chicken, green onions, and salsa. Place other tortilla on top. Spray with cooking spray. Cook both sides. Cut into 8 triangles. If you don't want the meat use beans instead.
Saturday
Bean and Pasta Soup (because we are sick)
1 cup uncooked pasta
2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic cove, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups water
1 can diced tomatoes
1-1/4 vegetable broth
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannelloni beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups shredded fresh spinach
1/4 Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package. In large skillet saute celery, carrots, onion, and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Stir in water, tomatoes, broth, basil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain Pasta; stir in vegetables mixture. Add beans. Heat through. Stir in spinach; cook until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with cheese.
Sunday
Chicken and Shrimp Stir Fry
Chicken cooked and cut into strips
Shrimp cooked
Stir fry Vegetables in a bag
Stir fry sauce
Add together and saute. Yum!
Desert in your crock pot
Decadent Chocolate Delight
1 package chocolate cake mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup water
4 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
GREASE inside of crock pot!!! Combine all ingredients. Mix well. Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
Monday
Pizza and movie night
Tuesday
Southwest stuffed peppers
4 green bell peppers
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup shredded pepper-jack cheese
3/4 cup salsa
1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/3 cup uncooked long grain converted rice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Sour cream
Cut thin slice off top of each pepper. Remove seeds. Combine beans, cheese, salsa, corn, onions, rice, chili powder and cumin in medium bowl. Spoon filling evenly into each pepper. Place peppers in crock-pot.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve with Sour cream!!
Happy Cooking!
Friday, March 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
mmm all of those sound so good! I wish I could get Craig to eat shrimp! I looove shrimp :)
Hey! I don't know if little Edward is into quiet books anymore, but I saw this really cute one about colors...http://everydaycelebrate.blogspot.com/2010/03/tutorial-color-fabric-book.html
Did no one else notice the post about the suicide renter. Is this where you rent?!? Scary!
Post a Comment