2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Success!!

I started creating my menu in February to, hopefully, save some money. In January I spent $775.59 on groceries for the month. (WOW, right?) Well my venture has been successful. For the month of March I have spent $391.23!!! A savings of nearly $400 dollars!!

To all who do the grocery shopping in the family I would suggest planning your meals. This has been a huge time and money saver for our family. Feel free to take from my menu each week. I will be better about posting our meals.

Happy Saturday!

*side note: We do not go out to eat, so the money we were spending on food was strictly from the grocery store.

4 comments:

Team Skousen said...

Wow that is so awesome!!! Way to go! I have vowed to be a better planner in April. And to stick to the plan!

Heidi said...

Wow! How crazy that you guys saved that much money!!! It's amazing!! I have been tracking our spending on groceries, too, ever since I saw you starting to do it. We spend about $450 a month, which isn't too bad considering we are a family of four. :) Thanks for the great idea!

M&M Kanet said...

HOLY COW!! Did you have steak every night?! :) Way to go Julie. I started planning my meals just recently for a young woman goal (I am a leader) and it has helped everything to go so much more smoothly at that time of day - which is usually the most hectic in my house. Thanks for your example!

Lindsey and Brett said...

That's amazing! Way to go! One day when we are normal people living on our own again I hope I can be as good as you about doing this.