2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Monday, August 12, 2019

First day of School!

Today is the first day of school.
Not just any school, home school.
After a lot of thought, a lot of prayer, a lot of questions, and a lot more thought, I decided to home school my boys this year.  








I have many reasons for keeping my boys at home this year but the most important reason is to help raise their self-esteems.  Both boys do not think they are smart.  Edward is testing a grade level ahead in everything.  He tends to get in trouble a lot at school.  He is extremely stubborn. I don't mind this at all.  I have learned a work around.  A lot of times teachers take his attitude personally and will not work with him.  Today, we worked great together.  (Except for Cello but that's another blog for another day)
Nolen, on the other hand, is EASY to work with for most teachers.  He is funny.  He is silly.  He loves to laugh and play.  Therein lies the problem.  He loves to play so much that he is not getting any work done at all.  Zero.  He learned nearly nothing in second grade.  Such a shame because he is so bright.  Now we are starting over with a lot of second grade material so get his skills up and find a new way to learn.  He asked for FOUR recesses and we did them all.  We played cars, jumped on the trampoline, and read some books.  
Overall, I was unhappy with the school principal.  She was unwilling to change or listen to parents who had great ideas to improve the school.  She picked and chose who she was going to discipline and unfortunately it was Edward who felt the worst of it. I spoke with the school board and they didn't have a problem firing ALL of Edward's teachers in the last 5 years.  Two of which were fired during the school year leaving the classroom void of a teacher with only the teachers aid to take over.  Sad.  Pathetic if you ask me.  
The school failed my children.  It claims to be one of the best in the city; however, I beg to differ.  I spent MANY hours in the classroom and I know what was actually happening. 
Here is to a great school year at home.  AND if my children learn only one thing it will be to choose KINDNESS!


No comments: