2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

When the Walls Come Tumbling Down

You know that moment in your life when everything is going according to plan and everything that is happening is just too good to be true?  Then, you ask yourself, "What could go wrong?" 
Well I did that.  AND all went wrong.
This year has been tough.  
This year has been challenging.
This year has add a lot of stress and forced me to change, A LOT!
I guess I needed a good change.  Last year was challenging in some ways but this year has been a whole new level of stress I never saw coming!
Trump shutdown the government at the beginning of the year.
My car broke down and needed a new water pump for $1600.
Nolen broke is arm.
I strained my knee.
I tore my calf muscle.
I ended my photography business and lost a friend. VERY STRESSFUL!
We had to live off savings and had to start from scratch again.
Our roof leaks.
The master bath leaked.  We thought we could fix it.  It was much harder than we ever imagined.  It took us weeks and we went a few days without water in our house.
Our air conditioner broke.
I am homeschooling.
My car broke down again and it absolutely must be replaced.

Now I would sit here and list out positive things; however, the main thing is we are still alive and breathing.  I have changed my prices for piano lesson so I am hoping to bring in $2000 a month so I can get a new car soon.  I hope I have a lot of students who are willing to show up each month and be dedicated.

Here is what has happened over last few weeks.  We have had so much fun with my parents here.
 My dad helping me fix the leaky bathtub.  I am much more appreciative of plumbers and running water.

 My first official run after tearing my calf muscle earlier this summer.
 Edward has not been taking care of his teeth.  The dentist is super worried about him loosing bone and gum tissue.  This is a picture of his clean teeth!
 Nolen got a much needed haircut.
 I have been taking my parents on walks every day. My mom is down 15 pounds and I hope my dad can lose 15 pounds before he moves away in March.
 We reorganized the play room so we can home school.  These are all the toys we have left in the house.  It still looks like a lot of toys to me!
 The Webelos went on a hike at the top of the Sandia's on Saturday. Nolen, my mom, my dad, and I joined them as they hiked nearly 4 miles round trip.










 Our first day of school started off with some serious play time!  It was just what we needed.


 Oscar even came out to play on our first day of school.
 After a hot and hard cross country run we went to get frozen yogurt to celebrate!

 

No comments: